Can I remove Vimeo 'tap to unmute' button on Mobile for autoplay videos?

Hello.

I have a few autoplay videos on my site and looking to remove the ‘Tap to Unmute’ button that sits on top of the video on mobile. Has anyone been able to remove this? Or am I stuck with having it for autoplay videos?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I’m searching for the same solution. Did you find a solution @Evan1234 ?

I worked this out for what I needed. Use the ‘?background=1’ parameter on the URL to remove all the player interface and set the video auto-playing and muted. This removed the Tap to Unmute’ on mobile for me.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/442480801?background=1" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 Like

Hi there, something strange happened with my video. I used the background=1 parameter and it was working just fine. I went to update another video on the site and when I realized that the background=1 parameter was no longer working on the video it was coded on.
anyone know why this is happening?

1 Like

This happened to us yesterday as well. We contacted Vimeo and this is now resolved.

I’m having the same issue. Using - muted=1&autoplay=1&loop=1&badge=0&autopause=0&background=1&

background=1 works in an iframe embed across chrome, firefox, and opera, but safari just gives a black screen and I cannot even hit play or click anywhere on the video (flashes a preview image when loading, then turns black). When I remove background=1 it works fine on safari but then I still get the “unmute” on mobile…

Hi, there. Perhaps your embed code is not written correctly, or you do not have a Vimeo premium account (in this case, the video may not play or you may still see “Tap to unmute”, read about it here). Try this code with your video number, it works for me:

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/790000000?background=1&autoplay=1&loop=1&muted=1&title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&autopause=0" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>