Aligning Text L Once it's Inline/Image Fix

Hello! trying to align my text side by side. I watched the Text Videos and tried inline and got it to align side by side, but now it’s not aligned Left. I’m trying to get it to look like this Figma file.

I also don’t know how to get my image to go full width on the page.

Any help appreciated! Thank you.

Here is my site Read-Only: OutWhere Landing Page
([how to share your site Read-Only link][2])

Here’s the published site (not much to look at, but hey.) https://outwhere-landing-page.webflow.io/

hi @CampingGirl,

Just out of curiosity, is this your first Webflow Project?

Since you are using a container you and you have placed your image within the container you are limited to 960px max, therefore full screen would not happen.

Also, the design looks to be for mobile only? DO you or do you want to have a desktop and tablet view?

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

@QA_Brandon
yes, it is my first Webflow Project.
aah, gotchu.

the Figma design is mobile only, but the Webflow design will be Desktop, tablet, and mobile - I am rebuilding the design in Webflow as I go to fix some issues i made in the design so i’m not exporting it from Figma.

Thank you so much!

@QA_Brandon so I’ve fixed the initial issues, but cannot seem to be able to stack Div Blocks or sections. It’ll look like they’re stacked in the navigator, but I can’t get anything to drop below the image to continue building the site.

It all just locks up within the image.

The image is set to absolute and the text on it is set to relative with a spacing of 100 at the top to get it to sit atop it.

Hi @CampingGirl,

I would recommend watching our 101 Crash Course: Webflow 101 crash course | Webflow University

This will help you with alignments, text, styling, etc.

Keep in mind though, that you shouldn’t need to set your image to absolute on your layout.

Here is a design video. I went a bit overboard, but it does give you a start: Screen Recording 2020-01-03...

Best Regards,
~ Brandon

Thank you @QA_Brandon! I thought the Crash Course might be overkill, obviously I was wrong - I’m halfway through it now and it’s clearing up loads of misconceptions.

Thank you for the “overboard” design video too, i’m sure it will be immensely helpful as well!

1 Like