Zapier / CMS error: ItemRef

Hi there!

Im making a petition site where the user partly can sign the petition, and also see who and how many that have signed it.

Here Im using Zapier that creates a new cms post from a form submission on the site.

Where I run into a error is that one of the select fields in the form (a list of countries) have to match a reference field type in the cms.

This is the error I get:
The app returned "Expected value to be an ItemRef". This usually happens when your Zap is missing a required field or a field value isn't in a recognized format.

We made a request to api.webflow.com and received (400) Bad Request.

The setup in the cms is as follows:

• One Collection with countries
  • One Collection where the form data should be put. I also have the countries collection as a reference field here

The zap works if I have a “CMS option dropdown field” mirrored to the select-countires-field. But that wont do because Ive got a script that needs both of the cms collections. And the Zap have to selet the right country in the reference field for that to work automatically.

Are the error caused by the difference in the field types?

If so – how would I go about to setup up the form so that Zapier can post to the CMS reference field?

Here is my public share link: Webflow - Call for a European Capital of Social Progress Award - By Umeå.

Okey, so I found the answer to my question in this wishlist post – Zapier->Webflow does not play nice with cms reference fields because Zapier have to pass along the data to the right ID.

There are a solution in the wishlist comments that require a three step zap, where you in step two use the Formatters Lookup Table to convert the option fields values to the IDs of the reference fields.