Youtube video with different language subtitles

I have a youtube video with several subtitles based on langage. I’m trying to use different versions of the subtitle with a specific youtube url for the lightbox asset.

Ex: this one is russian: : YouTube
this one is italian: : YouTube

the urls are the same except for the subtitle parameter at the end

When I put these urls in webflow it defaults to English subtitles.

How can I work around this?

Hi @chloecan, thanks for the question ! Could you share the read-only link to your site? https://help.webflow.com/faq/how-do-i-share-my-sites-read-only-link? It will be easier to check on this to see how you are implementing the video embed.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/crafted-template-chlo30124811?preview=c1cde8931d5c9130f6408cbf5241de8e

Here you go

Hi do you still have the issue?

Istead of using the video widget, try to use the custom code widget intead. Get the iframe code from youtube (code to embed the video on a web page).

Yes I did not resolve this problem yet.
Custom code doesn’t solve it because it just plays the video and doesn’t make it pop up like the lightbox…

Do you have any other input on this? i’m really stuck

Hi @chloecan,

I am sorry for the late reply :-/ I want to help get this resolved !

I would suggest to follow and create the popup modal tutorial here: [Tutorial] How to create a modal/pop-up in Webflow - Webflow Tips - Forum | Webflow.

When you can make a modal window, you can place an Embed widget into your modal window and paste the youtube code.

The end result should be a modal window that you can cause to pop up via a link, displaying your embedded video.

Try that and if you have an issue with creating a pop up modal window, let us know !

This works! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Actually now the problem is my video won’t stop playing in the background even when the pop up is closed…

Is there some script I can use to fix that?

I couldn’t find an answer for this any idea?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.