XML-Table from FTP-server to Webflow CMS

Hi there,

I usually work as an IT-Administrator, which means I barely ever code.
On the side I’m working on some website from my customers, but only did very basic sites up until now and it’s been lot of fun.

Now I got a new project on my hands, a website which is supposed to display the estate objects of my customer.
Said objects are exported by a software called “estateOffice”. Unfortunatly the only export option it offers is as XML table to an ftp-server.
Before hiring an developer for the job, I’d like to give it a shot myself, since I want to learn.
I’m just looking for some pointers in the right direction.

What I have in mind is a php script, which reads the XML file off of my ftp server and parses it into webflow CMS via the webflow api.
Before doing that, it has to -every time it is run- fully clear the CMS, so old objects are removed.

Is that possible? Or am I completly wrong? Is there a better way to do it?
Any input is highly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Greetings,
Julian

Hi @Juwi!

We’ve built a bridge between Webflow and German/Austrian/Swiss real estate agency software like estateOffice, Propstack, onOffice, Flowfact, Justimmo and many more and even portals like ImmoScout24.de, Immowelt.de and Spanish kyero.com:

For syncing the property data with Webflow, we use our WordPress plugin “WP-ImmoMakler” to import real estate data from the software or portals (via FTP OpenImmo XML or APIs like ImmoScout24 API, Immowelt API, kyero XML etc.) and push it to the Webflow API. The data will be stored in fully customizable Webflow Collection Items, using data fields for values like “living space”, “price”, “construction year”, a set of images etc.
The import takes care about creating, updating and deleting the items, automatically.

You could install your own WordPress with WP-ImmoMakler, or rent our service and we care about the WordPress.

If you have more questions or more custom requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact us!

Best regards,
Hinnerk