Would love your feedback on this drone review design

Hi everybody,

I’ve been working on a new buying guide and review design. The first one is for a comprehensive quadcopter drone article I’ve been researching with my co-workers.

Here is the link: Best Quadcopter Drones - Buying Guide

Truly amazing what can be done with Webflow, I love it!
Any feedback, improvements, etc. on the design, layout, and usability would be MUCH appreciated.

UX feedback:

1) Problem: Looking at the walls of text intimidates me as a user.

2) Problem: Their is so much content (most of which the text takes) that the scroll is too long. This could further intimidate the user in leaving the website. Users don’t necessarily want a lot of choices but relevant choices.

1) Solution: Maybe try only showing the first paragraph and then having a show More button, which when clicked opens up the the whole description.

2) Problem: You already solved the problem with a navigation in the beginning. One problem though is that I did not even pay attention to it and just skipped to where the drones were. So I would like to have it stand out more so I know there is a directory to help limit my search. Bring more emphasis to that piece of the website. maybe place it in the traditional location? (Navbar)

Also, if i am looking at everything and suddenly make up my mind that i want to look at a certain category I would prefer for there to be a navbar on top to quickly jump to that section. i don’t feel like scrolling for a long time to get to the top to then get redirected.

Hope the feedback helps. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @VladimirVitaliyevich

Maybe try only showing the first paragraph and then having a show More button, which when clicked opens up the the whole description.

This is a great idea, thank you. Is there a way to do this in Webflow that’s SEO friendly (i.e. the entire text loads with the page but is only superficially hidden?

To your second point, maybe it’s a good idea if I add a second static navbar that is always visible. On mobile that’s an issue though because the site has dynamic share buttons on the bottom.

@VladimirVitaliyevich

Hi Vladimir, quick update: I added a fixed menu for all devices on the top. Scroll down to see it:
https://www.geekwrapped.com/best-quadcopter-drones-for-sale

I think this addresses your very smart point. Let me know if it works well on your desktop and/or phone. Thanks again for your help.

Looks awesome, I actually have the phantom 3pro which isn’t listed on there! :grin: Only advice is I would make the scroll to anchor faster. I also agree with VladimirVitaliyevich about the description and maybe a 3 or 4 column layout for the item cards when you shorten the description. Looks great!

1 Like

Thanks @Anya
Great feedback, thanks (plus, I’m super jealous of your Phantom 3 Pro that’s an amazing product!).

What did you mean with this please?

Only advice is I would make the scroll to anchor faster.

@webdes

Video review of your site. It’s 18 minutes, 11 seconds long.
No Offense Intended. I hope you find it useful.

Review Spec:
Google Chrome Browser Version 55.0.2883.87 m
Screen Res: 1360 x 768
Monitor: 32" Samsung LCD in 720dpi HDMI

@webdes When you click on the top navbar (ie. Mini Drones) it scrolls to the section of the page. you can adjust the speed of the scrolling to make it scroll faster, since you have a lot of content to scroll to. I got the drone for Christmas still intimidated to use it lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.