Why is the Editor changing certain styles on my site?

Hi there,

When i’m accessing a client website via the editor, after a few seconds it completely changes the colours used on the page. The background colour switches from dark blue to white and some of the text styles change. I’ve looked at inspector and it seems to be adding a new class to the body tag.

class=“wf-1ibgmm6” data-wf-spring-theme-render=“wf-1ibgmm6”

What on earth is all this about? Can anyone shed any light? I’m urgently trying to do a client demo on loom and i can’t whilst its doing this!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Maybe send a screen record.

Hi @Siton_Systems - i’ve done a screen record of it happening here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Yes strange. Looks like some "dark mode". Check maybe also on diff computer.

Its the fact that the class and theme code has ‘wf’ attached to it thats making me think it must be related to webflow :confused:

1 Like

Hey, I just had the same bug where the website colors are changed when you enter edit mode and it’s impossible to revert back to normal colors even when you quit editor mode.

When you enter edit mode, the following style tag is added: , which adds a bunch of color variables to :root.

Same bug (In my case on the publish website):

Exact same bug for me too, in my case on the published site. Same changes to var values to root…

Yes, same here.

… filling up 20 characters :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Noticed the same thing on a live site this AM. What gives?

Hey all, the team is aware of this issue and it should only be happening when logged into the Editor. Clearing your cache and cookies or viewing in an incognito window should resolve the issue.

I’ll post an update here when the team deploys a fix.

Our engineering team has since deployed a fix that should resolve this issue when logging into the Editor.

You may need to clear your cache and cookies one last time if you are not seeing the update.

Thanks for everyone’s patience as the team worked on this.

2 Likes