Why is my Text Align in preview different to my design?

Hello,

I’m very new to Webflow and I am trying to figure out why my text layout is aligned differently from when I design it to when I preview my site?

As you can see in the image, I wanted my opening text header to be inline with my brand logo. But when I preview my site progress, the text header has shifted right.

Please help!

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/faizals-stunning-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=faizals-stunning-project&preview=4b94846b165dd9ae90449b6bc5937e9c&mode=preview
([how to share your site Read-Only link][2])

Many thanks!

That is because you are now designing responsively! Your navigation has 50 pixel padding on the left of it, where your hero section is simply centered. You’d need to either apply the same thing to the hero section or put your nav inside the same type of container.

I can see lots of issues with your site structure just taking a look and I’d suggest taking some time to go through at least a day’s worth of videos to familiarize yourself with Webflow before going further.

I’d suggest doing the 101 crash course, especially focusing on the box model which it seems you didn’t obey in your design. https://university.webflow.com/courses/webflow-101-crash-course

hope that helps!

Thanks very much DFink! I appreciate your input.

Yes I am new to Webflow so I’ll certainly review the crash course, many thanks for the link.

To be honest, I’ve only just started editing the first hero section of this theme so quite surprised that there are other issues with the theme!!

Hopefully I’ll get to understand Webflow real soon.

Many thanks again,
Best,
Faizal

Yeah, unfortunately I’ve found that most of the templates aren’t built to the Webflow spec recommended and demonstrated in the tutorials. I’ve personally had to fix templates form every developer to meet what Webflow teaches to be the correct way to build sites, especially with the box model and nested styles. Sorry I don’t have better news on that front but I hope you’ll be able of figure out your site.

Good luck and welcome to Webflow!

Thank you so much that’s very kind of you I appreciate your support.

I’ve checked out your website and so I’ll take a note of your contact - perhaps further down the road it would be great to get someone like you involved in my store project as I start to grow my business. It always help to have help at hand.

Many thanks,
Best,
Faiz

1 Like