When is the next Q&A with Vlad?

Hey all! Anyone know when the next Q&A call happen with Vlad? Weren’t these supposed to be quarterly? I get it that the guy is super busy, but hey, I’m jonesin’ over here for some updates! :sweat_smile:

By my research, it looks like the last one was Q4 of 2019?

Don’t hold your breath. It’s been over two months since this was posted promising to do a better job providing updates.

The wishlist is a joke, it’s essentially just filled with spam:

Clearly no one even bothers to look at it or clean it up. It goes back for weeks:

There have been no updates for two months since the post I linked to above, let alone ignoring tons of basic requests for literally years. There is next to zero communication with users. So, I’m going to go ahead and guess there won’t be a Q&A anytime soon.

1 Like

Hey @adiggy,

I can reach out and ask the question for sure.

@jmkriz, Yep, that wishlist spam is crazy, thank you for bringing it up. I’ve filtered some of it out, it’s not the best UI for filtering out comments and as quick as they’re deleted they’re back again. :cry:

Thanks so much @magicmark!

Hey @adiggy

There was one planned for this month, but with everything going on in the world such as Covid and BLM it seemed tone deaf to do it. Vlad said they are plannnig one for Q3, so keep an eye out for it :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

How exactly are Covid and BLM interfering with the updates?

1 Like

BLM is not an interference.

1 Like

Oh, I see…

Webflow should consider becoming a social movement, NGO, political party, whatever… When my Webflow subscription is due, Webflow automatically draws money from my card without asking me if some social cause is of greater importance to me. Webflow costs money and I pay it, and that’s it.

I expect the promised product for that money. If Webflow is going to reposition itself in the social movement/ political sphere, be it so, nothing bad, but you cannot be both a web development platform and a social movement. And it is definitely not fair to play that game backed by our money. You can drastically reduce subscription fees for example and play the game with your investors’ money.

2 Likes

If you have an issue with Webflow speaking up about, or spending time on these kind of issues such as BLM, then I guess the only option is for you to cancel your subscription because that is not going to change until the world has changed.

I mean, I had an issue with Facebook, I didn’t like the way they dealt with things so I left the platform. You can’t just pay money to a company and try and tell them how they spend their time and efforts, whoever you think you are.

If you have an issue with Webflow speaking up about, or spending time on these kind of issues such as BLM,

I have an issue with this becoming a priority over serving us, paying customers. I don’t mind Webflow speaking on social topics, but expressing stance over social issues is one thing, while giving up on your work and spending precious time on those social issues instead of spending it on your product, is not a fair deal.

That is, you can’t just charge people (big) money, promising a top product, and then do something else instead :wink:

1 Like

I have an issue with this becoming a priority over serving us, paying customers

We still have engineering, product and design teams, community teams, diversity equality and inclusions teams still going about their daily business to develop the product and to develop the teams within.

It’s OK to educate a team about diversity and to spend money on that, it’s OK to stand up for social injustices. It’s OK to do all of that.

No-one should tell you what you can and can’t spend your profits on from your web design career.

If we don’t believe in a products mission or beliefs or the way they choose to advocate for others around them, we all have a choice.

If you have all those teams working, what’s deal with not holding the quarterly Q&A? Obviously you have them working in a reduced capacity.

No-one should tell you what you can and can’t spend your profits on from your web design career.

Bullshit. If I have promised a client certain amount of work for her money, she is in a position to ask me what is going on with her money until work is delivered. If I have already finished my work, it’s another story. Webflow is a service and it holds the promise of continuous development. This is why it has roadmaps, public wishlist etc. You want to tell us, once we are charged subscription fees, we ought not to expect anything more besides just the service being operational, because the deal is done and you have no further obligations, and you are free to spend your profits as you wish?