When I change one hero image, they all change!

Hi there,

I am still new to web design and having some trouble with this template I purchased. It uses collections which seem to be more of a pain than a help. If anyone could take a look at my site I would really appreciate it, thanks!

1. Throughout my site, I am not able to get the buttons to go to different pages. For example, in my ‘video’ section all the buttons go to my photo project page instead of the desired video page I created. Whenever I change one, they all subsequently change! This is a template I bought and it is using collections and I am not sure how to individualize buttons now.

2. I am having a simal issue with my hero image for different sections. If I change the hero image on my video page, it will also change on my photo page. How can I unlink this so they are different on different pages?

3. On my ‘Video’ page, the button 3 of the buttons are going to the right where the first one is underneath as it should be – I did not change anything and not sure how to resolve it.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/deveneywilliams?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=deveneywilliams&preview=bdfa4bd1f2a1e152bbc83399c176a342&mode=preview

Hi Deveney,

Very quick rely however hope it helps.

Regarding point 1 - this is because the list of services (on the homepage) is a collection item coming from the “Videos” collection, therefore wherever one button is chosen to point, the others in this collection will also point at. I think what you’re after is a dynamic link:

By selecting ‘current video’ under the little purple page icon, this will send each button to the respective, individual collection item that’s under the ‘videos’ collection.

Point 2 - not sure if best practice, however adding a new style to each respective page header is how you can apply a different image.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.41.40 am

Simply give it a specific name or number after the existing style/s (i.e. like ‘portfolio’ is in the image above), which will create a new style, which you can then replace the image which won’t affect the other pages unless you go back to the original/default style.

Point 3 - I think this is because the length of text is shorter in some of the titles than others. One way around this is to change the ‘underline block’ style to take up the full width.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.44.54 am

However, be sure to check that this doesn’t have any further impacts across the site.

Hope this helps, always a learning experience with a new platform but you’ll learn a lot along the way.

Dom

Hi Dom,

Thank you so much!!

I am still stuck on my first issue regarding where the buttons point to what page.
Are you saying I need to delete the buttons and redo them as a dynamic link? Also, what do you have selected so the above example shows up.

Thank you again for your help! You have made my brain relax in trying to figure this out!

Deveney