When Clicking on links in the editor, multiple tabs open at random

When I am in the Webflow Editor (not Designer) and click on a link to an external source, multiple tabs with that link open. Sometimes 3 tabs, sometimes 5 tabs at random. This also happens when my client clicks a link.

Again, this only happens in “Editor” Mode.

Public Share link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/camerata-cantabile?preview=7badddde50ebc963ec01bb3cab165b99

Hi @henrymcgillis

Thank you for posting and for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior.

I attempted to reproduce the behavior in a new site and with your site, but was unable to.

When did it start occurring? Is it occurring with more than this site?

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response!

Hi @Brando

Sorry for the late reply. Apparently the problem solved itself! It does not seem to happen anymore…
I’ll let you know if it comes up again!

Kind regards

1 Like

This is happening with our sites as well. To narrow it down it happens when using an external link being pulled in from a collection and clicking on the link while using the Editor. Also, if you are using a browser that has a heavy pop-up-blocker, it shows up as four links being blocked.

That is definiltey strange @spinellc

I tried to reproduce the behavior following the steps you provided but was unable to do so.

Can you please share your Read-Only link :slight_smile:

Here is our read only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/impact-fluid-solutions?preview=7f312077788a6e19155a9e9be19a39dc

The problem isn’t in the designer mode, it is while using the editor mode.
If I keep the console open, I can actually see a common theme of 4 duplicate pages being stopped when navigating around in designer mode.

Thanks so much for reporting this information @spinellc

I was able to reproduce the errors. I will file an issue for this and post back here when we find a solution.

Thanks again for your help with this issue!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.