What's the best way to build landing pages when you are a beginner

Hi guys, hope you are doing well !

I am a young student and I’ve started to use Webflow 2 months ago for my employer, and I was not aware at all about this CMS before that. Now I can easily say that’s the funniest CMS I’ve ever tried. Happy to be there.

But, here’s a thing : we just launch our new website (6 days ago). Now, we will need to create some landing pages for the measurement of our different marketing action efficiency.

I know there are a lot of topics about the landing pages buiding in webflow, but I didn’t manage to find the answer I am looking for.

Can I create a new static page IN my project for each landing pages that we need without making any link in the website navigation ? I will be able modify the slug of each landing pages according to the corresponding marketing action, to track results. Like that no one will be able to access this page, except people reached by our marketing process. Maybe it will create some trouble, what do you think?

I hope i’ve been clear in my explications :confused:

The link of my project :
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/blacksales-9046c5-39e1d0b-cb3ebe3ab1245?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=blacksales-9046c5-39e1d0b-cb3ebe3ab1245&preview=e75ebd79fb676c9b78782eb860658cf8&mode=preview

Thank you and have a good day :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community @Yanis_Mougas!

Can I create a new static page IN my project for each landing pages that we need without making any link in the website navigation ?

Yep! Links aren’t “automatically” added to your navigation like they are in most other platforms so you’re free to add static pages for any of your campaigns.

Like that no one will be able to access this page, except people reached by our marketing process. Maybe it will create some trouble, what do you think?

You’ll probably want to prevent google from indexing these pages so that only folks specifically directed to the links are accessing them. Obviously this won’t stop someone from manually typing in the address, but this will prevent it showing up in search results for example.

For any page you want to “hide” from the search engines, just add this snippet of code within the <head> tag in the Page Settings:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />

Thank you so much @mikeyevin !

I imagine that’s also possible for me to create a collection “landing pages” with all my landings pages and only one “collection page” to design for every of my landing ?

This way is easier to manage right?

Btw, thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Yep, since you’re on the CMS plan you can always create a collection to speed up the creation process. You’ll want to probably look into Conditional Visibility as well in the event you want to hide certain sections based on how much content you have for each of the landing pages:

Nice ! Thank you so much @mikeyevin you really helped me with this !

Let’s work :slight_smile: