Streaming live at 10am (PST)

What is the point of the WF sub-domain?

Hi All,

There might be a really obvious answer to this, but what’s the point in the WB sub-domain?

I have my own domain (which I’ve connected), yet I can see there’s a sub-domain active.

My first thought was that it’s a handy staging/testing site, but realised you can’t password protect the sub-domain without applying a password to my custom domain.

This seems strange and perhaps I’m missing something. I’d have expected to have control over the visibility of the sub-domain.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I normally have publishing off on the webflow.io client staging sites but activate it to show the client changes. When good to go I unpublish it an then publish to production.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff. I’d be nice to be able to control these independently.

For example, if I wanted to show a client some changes on the staging site using a PW, I’d also be applying the password to the live site - which isn’t practical.

Even with switching indexing off, I don’t like staging sites that aren’t password protected :man_shrugging:

You can always obfuscate the subdomain for staging each time you publish and since you can unpublish it how long would it even be visible?