What am I doing wrong with exporting?

It’s hostgator, and the old site is on it, created in Adobe Muse, html/css

Knew it! The code from Webflow is always perfect i think its hostgator :smile:

Did you delete that site before uploading this one?

Is hostgator known for that? I haven’t yet, cause the customer would be without a site if I did. I wondered if the two codes would cause issues with each other.

I self-host… haven’t used hostgator in over 10 years.
I run my own servers.

Did you change your class name recently ?

But if you look at 50.22.11.17/~lightsth/landing.html it still shows up funky, not like the webflow version

make sure you are replacing your css files.

I can see an issue with class names.

That’s why I asked if you changed class names recently.

I haven’t changed the class names, are you mean on the webflow version or the hostgator version?

I have heard bad reviews about hostgator my web designer friends use bluehost although i cant recommend a as i host with webflow or webhook :smile:

There seems to be no issue when i host the site on dropbox here is the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9258881/lights-there.webflow/index.html. as you can see no issues just looks like it does in the designer :smile:

I think you might want to talk to Hostgator support about this

The one on the is on http://www.lightsthere.com/landing.html
The one on the left is your exported code… and it’s on my server

Look at the highlighted differences. The code is different.
You seem to be looking at 2 different versions of the website.

image 1

image 2

What’s the issue with the class names you notice?

Did you try and edit the code by any chance before uploading it to Hostgator also did you delete your old site?

Those Look like two different sites :smiley:

yes… try this

download the site from host gator into “folder1”

and unzip your exported site into “folder 2”.

compare the differences…

perhaps delete all the files form hostgator and replace then with the new exported site

No the old site is still up and running, and I didn’t try editing the code yet, wasn’t quite sure what to edit

Yup two different look at the dates

Hostgator

The current one

I’ll do that. Thank you.

That’s so crazy, I’ll try the suggestions @Ahmadz839 and @Revolution. Thank you oh so very much! I truly appreciate the schooling and help you two have provided. :smile:

2 Likes

Glad I could help if you need anymore help just ask :smile:

Best
Ahmad

Glad to help.

Gotta head out… taking my kids to a “haunted hospital”.
Sooooo scarrryyyy :ghost: :smiling_imp::japanese_ogre::japanese_goblin::skull::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.