Webflow SItemap GSC general ERROR

Hey everyone! I’m facing a double whammy with my website on Google Search Console (GSC). Here’s the deal:

• Sitemap Blues: My sitemap seems perfectly healthy. I ran it through a validator and everything checks out. Yet, when I try to upload it to GSC, I keep getting a mysterious “General HTTP error.”
  • Old URL Orphans: I recently transferred my domain from GoDaddy to a new website. The problem? Those pesky old URLs from the previous site are still lingering in search results, even though it’s been a week!

I’ve tried troubleshooting both issues myself, but I’m at a dead end. Hoping someone here can lend a hand!

Specifically, I’d love some advice on:

• Fixing the “General HTTP error” with my sitemap in GSC.
  • Expediting the removal of those stubborn old URLs from search results.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Al-Omran Building Materilas

Hey

Re the general HTTP error, check out General HTTP error - Sitemap - Google Search Central Community

For the old URLs - it will take a while for Google to catch up whenever something’s changed on a site… On the assumption you’ve done a a good job of implementing any redirects I wouldn’t worry.

You could if you really wanted submit for removal of the specific URLs but IMO it probably isn’t worth it