Webflow replaces colon '(:)' with dash (-) in form 'name' field

@foxy

I’ve been trying to create a foxycart add-to-cart form for a bundled subscription product. I need to use a form so I can offer the customer a 30, 45, or 60 day subscription. And to create bundled products I need to use the 2:, 3:, 4: numbers in the form name fields. However, this does not work in Webflow because the colon in my form field name is being replaced by a dash once the site is published. (e.g., 2:name is changed to 2-name)

Is this a bug that can be fixed? If not, is there a work around?

See the 3rd form section here:
https://new.botanicalcraft.com/

See below:

View source:

@eric594 This may be an issue on Webflow’s end. Let me do some testing today and I’ll follow up.

Thanks,
Josh

Webflow confirmed that no special characters are allowed in the form fields, so I’ll have to create this form with custom HTML code.

That was going to be my next suggestion. Simply design your elements in Webflow and apply same class names and html to your embed. Should be pretty straightforward.

I tested some jQuery to replace “-” with “:” but it seems even that is being overridden. Let us know if you have any questions or need help with anything.

Thanks,
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.