Webflow needs to support zapier line items

I’m in this battle as well now. Still not having great success.

Hi Shane,

As mentioned, while Webflow doesn’t support line items, the functions are there to push purchased items through to shipping, accounting, POS etc using Zapier or Integromat. I actually don’t have a store I can test on at present. I’m doing a bit of consulting in this area if needed.

The problem with using the formatter in Zapier is that the data within “purchased items” is not comma-separated, and it is also not bundled into separate variables with similar data.

I figured it out through Integromat, but I need to use Zapier to connect Webflow to Shipbob. I don’t want to have to bring everything through Shipstation first!!

Please make these items separate variables Webflow!!!

Mate, I’m deliberately rusty on Zapier. All the same, I don’t think non comma shouldn’t be end game. Can you use Replace or specify the data model when you setup the webhook (you are using a webhook yeah?).

@HammerOz @Mike_D Hey, thank you both for the information you’ve provided in this thread. It’s really useful. I just wanted to ask your opinion on how to address an issue I’ve come up against…

A client has complained to me that the zap they’ve set up to ‘Create sales invoice in Xero when new order in Webflow’ isn’t working as they want it to. (It’s currently set up using Zapier’s Webflow app, not a webhook)

Apparently the problem is that the Webflow Ecommerce “purchased item” variable comes through in one big, undifferentiated block. This means if there are multiple items in an order, they aren’t displayed separately on the Xero invoice, so I need to create separate line items to be pulled through into the Xero invoice.

I’ve seen on the forums that the Integromat iterator function can address this, but I haven’t used Integromat before. It looks pretty cool so I’d be interested to learn more – are there any useful guides that might help me get started for my specific issue?

Since my client is already set up using Zapier, it might be best to set up a Zapier Webhook and use Utilities to create line items in the way you’ve described. Is it possible to give any more specific steps on how to separate the data included in the “purchased items” variable?

And I’m wondering what the advantages of Zapier vs. Integrator might be in this scenario?

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Anyone had any progress on this?

Hi Max - I’ve managed to figure this out how to strip webflow order data into line items by using integromat (now called Make) alone.

It even creates a new contact in Xero with all contact details, and clean invoices ready to send or automatically send in Xero.

Let me know if you’d like me to create a guide - it would take a while I imagine, or if you need any services in achieving it.

1 Like

The real problem is why Webflow is still not offering such basic e-commerce features, such as automatically creating customer invoices, years after being live…

Hi @WollongongDesign – I only just saw this reply sorry. I don’t think this issue has been resolved for my client yet so I am very interested to know a bit more about how you used Integromat, now Make, to achieve line items in Xero. I suspect there are a number of other people on this forum interested in the same too!

1 Like

Hi @Maxwell and @malik . I’m a little rusty on this subject but let me brush up over the next week and get back you.

2 Likes