Webflow Membership: Log in button not switching state after successful log-in

Hey everyone!

I am having a strange bug that I did not have before and I am wondering if I screwed up with designing the button somehow: The webflow provided log-in/log-out button from Memberships that I added to my navbar is not changing state. When I log-in it still shows the text “log in” which should only be shown if I am logged out. See here in the live site: https://www.nearit.io/

See the read-only below.

Thanks for the help in advanced!

Jürgen

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - nearit

Hi @JurgenBeyme

That just looks like a regular nav link:

Versus a Memberships Log In / Log Out element:

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 8.49.43 AM

It doesn’t look like you have Webflow Memberships setup on your site. If you did you wouldn’t get this popup and you’d find that Log in / Log Out element.

BTW your site looks nice!

Hi @ChrisDrit !

I am happy that you like the site :blush:

Sadly that is not the problem, if you look at the element icon you can see that it is the log in/out element from Webflow, it just has a class of Nav Link for easier styling. (See red circles in your screenshot)

The site is definitely setup for Memberships as I have the elements and functionalities of Membership. (It might be not visible on the Read-only file)
Do you have any other suggestions as to what might be the problem?
Thank you so much for your help!

Hey Jurgen, everything looks correct.

Note that right now the new element-level conditional visibility feature has a bug in that it malfunctions inside of components.

Your login element does not have CV settings, however the menu item element just to the left of it does.

If you remove that and republish, you should be good.

Sounds like the problem has been solved for you. Interesting that it doesn’t show up in read-only mode. Wasn’t aware of that.

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for the input, but sadly it doesn’t work. I just tried removing the conditional visibility of the Nav Link next to it, but the problem persists. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help everyone!

At a glance I don’t see anything obvious, but I’d remove these properties to see if that helps. They’re also visibility related.

Check your other on-page components as well to see if you’ve got any other conditional vis settings in an on-page component.

One way to test this is create a blank page and just copy your Nav component in only. Publish and test it. If it’s still broken, than the problem is related to that component specifically. If it works, than it’s another component interfering, probably a conditional vis setting in FAQ, Footer or Newsletter.

Beyond that Webflow support will be your best bet to find it.

Sadly that wasn’t the problem either. I removed all visibility elements in the components and the problem persists. Also, a blank site with only the navbar shows the same problem. I will contact webflow support and see if they have a suggestion.

Thank you very much for the effort and help though :slight_smile: