Webflow Hosting Performance in Canada

I believe he is referring to the users network location.

Webflow points to Fastly as a source in addition to AWS on the hosting page but I believe that is misleading. Fastly servers are powering the NON SSL (proxy.webflow.com) CNAME IP’s and not those used for SSL connections (proxy-ssl.webflow.com) which show as AWS addresses.

There is a thread about this from 2018 by a staff member → See Which hosting plan uses fastly? - #3 by JSM

So I would say that only AWS is in play for the majority of sites. Who doesn’t publish SSL sites in 2021? Now on Webflow’s hosting page they show a AWS Cloudfront Logo. However the main IP’s used by proxy-ssl.webflow.com are not Cloudfront IP’s , they are AWS IP’s . The asset CDN (assets.website-files.com) is a Cloudfront origin so all the site assets are being served by AWS Cloudfront.

For you in Canada, that would indicate that your users (local to CA) should be served by AWS Virginia but my test through Montreal showed 5 hops to AWS edge routers which is short. I would assume similar results in Toronto. My DNS is poisoned so It would be interesting for you to tell me what IP addresses you get back from a dig on proxy-ssl.webflow.com.
There are two Cloudfront edge locations (Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC :wink: so assets should be served quick. Also important to remember that it is in the interest of just about every ISP to have a private peering relationship with AWS where possible. Offloads a bulk of their traffic.

That’s the best I can do on short notice.