Webflow Ecommerce Limitations?

Hello all,

So I’d love to know if one of you kind Webflowers could point me to a resource/discussion that talks about the limitations of Webflow ecommerce vs other options, please? Having not built an ecommerce store before but with a potential project on the horizon, I’d love to know your thoughts.

I’ve been in contact with Josh at Foxy who has been super helpful - I am probably 75% sold on Foxy already but the remaining 25% will be as a result of any conversation on this topic, and my own experimentation over the next few days.

Any thoughts or comments very much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi Andy,

That’s a great idea for a blog post so if you find one let me know (and I might write one if I have time!) However, this is quite a good page as your starting point maybe: Webflow vs. Shopify | Discover the visual alternative to Shopify

Make sure you get as far as the Pricing section near the bottom of the page. Since Shopify is arguably the leader in the SME ecommerce marketplace it’s a good one to compare Webflow to from a features point of view.

Now that I’m using both platforms for clients, I really want to use Webflow more to get away from themes in Shopify if nothing else as they are a royal pain (not to mention all the awesome things Webflow gives you OOTB in addition to Shopify).

Foxy is a great solution too mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for that link Glenn, will give it a good read! Will let you know if I dig up any interesting articles.

Cheers

1 Like

@Andy_Vaughan did you ever pick which and reasoning ?

Hi @noslenc,

The project never got off the ground unfortunately. However if you have e-commerce requirements get in touch with @foxy - Josh is super helpful and spent a lot of (wasted, unfortunately for him!) time talking me through the product. I feel really confident that it would have been a smooth onboarding process if the project had moved forwards.

1 Like