Using Symbols as Placeholders for Dynamically changing Text

Is there a way to change text only in a symbol for different language pages? Currently I need to manually synchronise the header and footer between language versions. I wish I could use the same symbol while being able to change the text only.

Hi @uzzer, at the moment, you would need to use two symbols for this, one for each language.

If you change the text in just one symbol, it will change the text everywhere the symbol appears on pages in your site.

ā€‹I hope this helps. If not, please let me know ā€“ Iā€™m happy to assist further! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Dave

This is what I am currently doing. I was wondering if a complete solution is even theoretically possible.

Hi @uzzer, there is plans to make the internationalization features more robust. I would love to have a managed translation widget that you could just input your localized phrases into :slight_smile:

Share your ideas how you want it to work, and lets get that into Webflow ! :slight_smile:

Well, given that I am not into coding, I really do not know what the technical possibilities and constraints are. All I can imagine so far, is some possibility to make only the text editable in a symbol. But is that possible?

Hi @uzzer, that is a good start :slight_smile: I updated the description a bit :slight_smile: Cheers,
Dave

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.