Not sure if anyones interested in a hack for this or something similar/better as already been mentioned?
I’ve been having the same issues here for a client not for jobs listings but subject listings, I found a way around it, it’s not perfect, but it works if you don’t need a crazy amount of tags per item. For this example I’m using jobs listing.
- Create a collection of all your job ‘requirement tags’, you can add whatever fields you want to these bu make sure you have a minimum of a ‘Name’ field for the requirement name.
2a. Create a collection for your job posts.
2b. Add all the fields you need in jobs collection and then add some single reference fields. I added 3 in this case, but you can add more. When you add these make sure you hit the collections drop down under the field and select the ‘Requirements’ collection list for each,
2c. I labelled these sequentially, i.e. Requirement 1, Requirement 2, Requirement 3, etc…
2d. save the collection settings and start adding the jobs.
2e. when you create a job post you can now select the ‘requirements X’ fields and select from the dropdown list of your requirements tags. You can leave any of these empty if needed as they won’t be visible later on.
3a. Create a Jobs listings page, add collection list linking up to your jobs collection and then add all the elements you need.
3b. Add a button element to your collection list item and in the link settings select the bottom item to ‘get text from project’ click on the dropdown and scroll to ‘Requirement 1’ and select the name or whatever you called the Requirement title.
3c. Duplicate this button element as many times as you created requirement fields in your jobs collections, in my case 3. For each button element click on the link settings and adjust which requirement field you are linking to, i.e. Requirement 1, Requirement 2, Requirement 3, etc…
style your buttons.
Doing it this way I’ve found that buttons only appear for the ‘requirement’ fields set with a requirement, otherwise it’s not visible which means you don’t have to add the extra conditions querying whether a requirement field is set or not.
As i said, is not perfect, and maybe someone has a better solution, but try it out, and if you find any bugs let me know…
Oh and webflow, please allow us to use multi-references in non template pages within collection lists. thanks