Use interactions, or is there another way to do this?

I have a menu/Nav bar in a DIV that goes full length over the top of a page. Is there a way that when a person rolls over the nav link, and opens the drop down menu, that the DIV itself (spanning the entire top of the page) would attain the same color/opacity as the drop down menu itself?

One of the challenges I see in using an interaction is getting the bar to stay with the changes once the person rolls off of it and down into the menu. Maybe the trigger would be the box that houses the dropdown links?

Also, how to get the bar to go back to zero opacity and once they get out of the drop down. Maybe I need to set up many interactions, but I figured I’d ask before I bury myself trying to figure it out.

One of the challenges I see in using an interaction is getting the bar to stay with the changes once the person rolls off of it and down into the menu (though maybe it would just be hover over the dropdown toggle and nac link box?). Maybe I need to set up many interactions, but I figured I’d ask before I bury myself trying to figure it out.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/louiss-radical-project-d73ee4?utm_source=louiss-radical-project-d73ee4&preview=e05ab740254b14a5cea036766e082b70

In case anyone else stumbles on this with a search I was able to to do this easily. I just used the section the nav bar was in and choose the hover state and that got it done.