Use an alternative version of jQuery?

Hi all,

Is it possible to change the version of jQuery that webflow loads? At the moment, latest is 3.5.0 but our sites are loading 3.4.1. Also, it would be great if we could load the non-minified version.

I ask because we have a number of geology web sites that dynamically load SVG files and use jQuery to insert them into the page. All the sites worked as of Tuesday, and today (Thursday) none of the images are inserted.

Here’s an example: Paintings - check the console. There’s a stacktrace of the error a few frames deep into jQuery-land.

We did not change any code in the interim. I can confirm that my Ajax code loads the SVG as expected, and that the destination div is there. The only thing I can think of is that jQuery was updated recently and there’s a bug. Can’t test that theory without being able to upgrade/downgrade jQuery.

Ideas?

And now today it started working again. Something external to our code/design must have been temporarily broken. Thank you to whoever fixed it!

And… in case future generations run into replaceWith issues in jQuery:

The problem came back, so maybe it really was a jQuery version issue. I replaced all the jQuery calls with standard DOM API calls and that fixed it up. Hopefully the bug is dead now.