Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Uploaded project image from Assets is overriding images of other projects

Hi Guys,

This has got me stuck all day!

I’m building a portfolio website and trying to add alt text to each project image. I am using a template, so the CMS is already set up with 4 projects pages. However, there is no alt text field in the collection list. So, I tried a method I saw on webflow university, which is to upload images as assets and then add alt text from the cog option of each asset. This would mean that the project images will no longer be called from the CMS but from the assets panel. On trying this method, I found that images I upload onto a particular project page override images on other projects pages. In other words that one uploaded image replace images in the 3 other unrelated project pages.

I don’t know why this happens, but I would appreciate some guidance on how to fix it.

Here is my public share link:

Sounds like there may be a class assignment issue!

Thanks Jim!

I thought so too because I had initially assigned the class from the existing CMS images to the images from the assets panel, but then I added a more specific class to make a combo class, so the properties are unique to that of images of the other projects, but that didn’t seem to solve the problem. Or maybe I am doing it wrong.

We may be able to help if you would send a readme file

Here’s a Readme link

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ayoshabi?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=ayoshabi&preview=ff76d92afce769a734622716c04b2251&workflow=preview