Uploaded Hi Resolution Images for the Website

I uploaded too many High resolution images for the website. When I load the design view of Webflow from the browser. It is very slow and some issues happen.

1. So slowly when click every object in the design view
  2. From the Assets library, can preview all of the images
  3. I built the different content in the submenu under different navigation item, but the submenu still show the same. I think that has some bugs.

Could anyone share how to do? Thanks!!

Hi @aesoppang,

For your image size issue, I recommend resizing them to below 200kb at the very least. This will dramatically increase your site, and you won’t lose too much resolution.

Currently we do not have a way to preview images without dropping them in the designer, opening them in a separate window, or placing them as a bg image of an element.

Can you please share some more details about the submenu you mentioned? Sharing a Read-Only, screenshots, and detailed descriptions would be very helpful. :slight_smile:

I am standing by for your response! :slight_smile:

Hi Brando,

Thanks for your reply.

For my situation, what I can do now? Because I can’t export anything and quite slowly for every process even click on the other pages. How should I resize the images below to 200kb? I tried to restore previous backup version, it seems no improvement for that case.

For the submenu case, when preview showing full width of the browser, but when I click on the submenu from Designer view that showing “short width” background.

Could help to take a look my share link and let me know what to do? Thanks!

The link as below:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/newna?preview=7548dafb6862b54340867dfab9448e72

Hi @aesoppang

Thanks for sharing your read-only link :slight_smile:

After going through your images, I see they are all relatively small. I don’t think it’s the high-res images slowing down the designer.

What browser and version are you using? (use https://www.whatismybrowser.com/)

Can you please try the following:

(1) Try to reproduce the lag/slow Designer while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Concerning the submenu, everything seems to be working okay from my end, but I may be misunderstanding what you mean. Can you post screenshots indicating the issue?

Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response!

Hi Brando,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I am using Window 7, Chrome 55.

I tried to access different object, but seems so slow and can’t export the code.Could you please take a look the submenu are the same content even under the first navigation item or to the 6th one. When I developed that before, It was not like that. I have two to three weeks didn’t access this project, when I login the this project again, then showing the same submenu like that…

Is it any new features releases may case that issue at this time interval?

Hi @aesoppang

How did Webflow run in Incognito with all browser extensions disabled?

Sometimes after clearing all cookies, cache and disabling all add-ons, Webflow will run a lot better in Chrome.

If the above methods do not work to speed things up, could you please email us at support@webflow.com with as much information as you can? (e.g. gifs, Read-Only link, website, email used with Webflow account, etc)

Thanks in advance for your help fixing this :slight_smile:

I’m standing by for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.