Upload JSON file "apple-app-site-association"

Thanks a lot for all the details. This was super-useful! And I also was able to make it even simpler (without any additional file-hosting outside of cloudfare).
So basically instead of all the 7+ steps, we can host any type of json response directly via Cloudfare script. E.g. something like the following(for Apple’s deeplinks):
addEventListener(‘fetch’, event => {
event.respondWith(handleRequest(event.request))
})

async function handleRequest(request) {
const jsonResponse = {
“applinks”: {
“details”: [
{
“appIDs”: [ “<your app’s package>” ],
“paths”: {
“/”: “/app/*”,
“comment”: “Matches any URL starting with /app/.”
}
}
]
}
};

// Convert JSON object to string
const jsonString = JSON.stringify(jsonResponse);

// Return JSON response
return new Response(jsonString, {
headers: {
‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json’
}
});
}

It’s so frustrating. 3 years and no support on this!
This is such a basic request and seeing to support for this is shocking.
We have redo our entire site and move to different hosting now for basic file upload?

They have added a work around, but the documentation is hidden, i stumbled upon it by accident.

I’ve tested it and it works.

Only apple-app-site is allowed.
We are trying for Microsoft and can’t do this
Why can’t they allow all types of well knowns???

Hi,
While connecting to custom domain, I am not able to add either www or domain.tld, since it says both are being used.
in my case, i am using the www as the main domain for webflow , hence www is not used,
but tld.domain ( example abc.com) is also being not able work.
Any workaround this?

Hi,
While connecting to custom domain, I am not able to add either www or domain.tld, since it says both are being used.
in my case, i am using the www as the main domain for webflow , hence www is not used,
but tld.domain is also being not able work.
Any idea this?

For Microsoft you can verify using TXT records on your domain instead of the /.well-known/microsoft-identity-association.json file.

The confusing thing that at the point when you choose to do it you are told to do it using .well-known but when you go to the associated link (below) you can add using TXT record.

Very confusing Microsoft …

https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/DomainsList.ReactView

@tarwin - Since you have to place that file at the root of your site and Webflow does not support uploading a text file there, that would be a problem.

Host the file at https://<your-domain>.com/.well-known/microsoft-identity-association.json. Replace <your-domain> with the name of the verified domain.