Upload File Button

you will need to add that to the correct line in your upload.php ( look for instructions and follow them )

Hello @webguy

This code that u use will it be send to your email as an attachment?

I think what you are referencing is how to set up an “external ie non Webflow” forms handler system. The one I have used for years on 100’s of sites and has been very stable and reliable is http://formtoemail.com/ … there are others also, you can search the forum for a thread on this subject too. You can either use their servers or if you host your own sites your own with their php script … you will see that inside the php their is a line of code where you direct the send to your email account of choice

Thanks a lot! @webguy

Will look into all the possibilities.

Hi @thesergie

Are there any plans for a file upload button, and if so any eta?

It would be a really useful feature.

Thanks

Graham

1 Like

Hi @thesergie and staff of webflow,

Would like to know how to create a button or tags to image that visitors could click and opens up the file explorer? Looking at previous forum threads, it seems like a frequently asked request that has yet been answer.

Thanks and looking forward to more innovations by webflow to ease the headache of none programming savvy user.

It’s possible with Jotform. You can link it to Google Drive or Dropbox to store the file. I managed to do so for a client.

You can also embed a Formstack form to upload any type of files in a form. Although the design customization options are pretty weak compared to webflow and the whole form will probably stand out dramatically from the rest of your site.

So hope that file uploads is coming soon!

1 Like

Hi, Just noticed your site has an upload button… how did you add that on the request a quote page?

Hi! @Starlord
I added a HTML embed and added this codes

< input type=“file” name=“upl” id=“attachfile” data-validation=“file_size_exceed” required=“required” multiple />

2 Likes

Hi @makdicowz
Not sure if I’m missing something, it appears on my site and works perfectly but when webflow sends me the email it shows this…

Did I miss a step or is there code I have to add for it to send the picture with the form information?

Hi @Starlord

I’m sorry.

Yes, you need to add in a few files such as your upload.php and validation.js files.
The upload.php will send the files to your “uploads” folder that you have to create yourself in the server. (or you can choose not to and it send directly to your email that you set in the upload.php)

If you want, I can give you the codes to your email. :slight_smile: You need to change a few things in relation to your own form that is created in your webflow.

1 Like

Hi @makdicowz

I hope it wont be a hassle :smiley:… please send me the code to my email :f

@Starlord

Yep sure, pass me your email

@andyjames developed a solution for uploads based on Uploadcare, Add Uploadcare to Form - #21 by andyjames - Custom code - Forum | Webflow

hope it helps

1 Like

Any updates on this subject? I really don’t want to pay another service just for this feature.

Is there a non-paid method to do this?

1 Like

I would also love this feature as i’m trying to find a workaround right now!

1 Like

An upload file that is attached to webflows contact forms would be awesome to, this way we can zapier uploads to mailchimp of google docs or any other place we wish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heres the best simple thing i found so far. Dropbox file requests Hope it helps somebody. But still not attached to the form.