I’ve encountered a frustrating issue while trying to add custom code to my Webflow site. I’m seeking assistance to understand why this problem is occurring and find a possible solution.
Issue Description: When attempting to add custom code to the site’s header or footer, the changes do not seem to take effect. I followed the standard procedure for adding custom code, but it doesn’t reflect on the published site.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open the Webflow Designer and access the site.
- Navigate to the “Project Settings” by clicking on the gear icon in the left-hand sidebar.
- Select the “Custom Code” tab.
- In the “Head Code” or “Footer Code” section, enter the desired custom code (e.g., tracking scripts, CSS modifications).
- Click “Save” to save the changes.
- Publish the site by clicking on the “Publish” button in the top-right corner.
- Visit the live published site and inspect the code or observe the expected changes.
Expected Result: The custom code added to the “Head Code” or “Footer Code” sections should be implemented on the published site. Any desired modifications or tracking scripts should be visible or functional.
Actual Result: Despite following the steps correctly and saving the custom code, the published site does not reflect the changes. The custom code seems to be ignored, and there are no visible modifications or functional additions.
- I have confirmed that the custom code is correct and has been tested on other platforms.
- I have attempted to add the custom code to both the “Head Code” and “Footer Code” sections separately, but neither option works.
- Other site settings and changes seem to work fine.
- I have cleared my browser cache and tested the published site on different devices and browsers, but the issue persists.
I would greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestions regarding this issue. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with adding custom code? If so, how did you resolve it? Thank you in advance for your help!