[TUTORIAL] Thumbnails for a Webflow Slider without any custom code

Maybe, you can find solution here. It is pretty easy to use with Dynamic content: Flickity · Options

Thank you again for looking into this! I appreciate it!

I dig your solution with the “fake thumbnails” but like you pointed out, it may get a bit dicy with multi-image fields and cross-referencing images and categories.
Sure, I could give each image group heir own identifier but I’m afraid that way the CMS would become awkward and inflexible for the client.

I’ll look into Flickity. “asNavFor” may be close to what I need (not sure if it solves the multi-image and WF CMS collection issue – but with my rather basic knowledge of CSS and HTML this may be a bit over my head.
I may have to come back to you about this. I hope you don’t mind.

According to their advertising I should be Webflow’s ideal target audience. And initially I was really excited about it. I still think it’s great, it’s the right approach, one of the best tools out there for people with my background. It does have a lot going for it. I’m even willing to forgive them for their overselling “all without a single line of code” tagline.
Maybe I’m unreasonable but that all starts wearing off for me when I run into several WF limitations like this one already while building a pretty standard ecommerce site.

Even more so I really appreciate having this forum and regular contributors like you, Anna.
I hope I can find solutions for some of these WF limitations and other problems and help others here as well at some point.
Thanks!!

Hi Anna, this is a great tutorial. I’m struggling to make it responsive in a 2-column layout. Can you help with a mobile version?

1 Like

Hi @sabanna !

I recently just came across this as my client want’s something basically identical to your ‘light blue shoe’ example - however ideally being able to use the Thumbnails from a CMS via Multi-Image collection for ease of use

Is this possible? Or would you recommend we use individual CMS image fields for now?

Shame it’s far from responsive :face_exhaling:
What settings can I use to make the “slider navigation default” size to be responsive? Can I use % values? I tried and it didn’t work at all (to keep the grading rather than 0 opacity).