[TUTORIAL] STRIPE CHECKOUT - I made it work!

Hey @saravssantiago

Thanks for sharing with the community!

1 Like

Good stuff. Is this solution compatible with new SCA requirements in the European Economic Area (EEA)? I’m assuming it is as it takes you to the Stripe Checkout page but in Europe there is a fair bit of confusion over this!

1 Like

@manofdogs From what I read here, Stripe is fully aware of this and has created this guide to offer help on it. From what I get from it (I’m also in EU) it seems that the responsibility in terms of security features is on the bank side. Something called 3D Secure 2 will be prompted when paying with a EU card, and ask the customer to perform an extra step provided by their bank. Stripe is fully ready to allow that new feature (i.e. redirect the user to that extra step, and then bring them back to the flow).

If you select other systems like Apple Pay, iDeal, or anything that is not a card, you’ll have to check those separately and see if they are compliant already.

On top of all this, it seems that Stripe also has some logic implemented for exemptions (such as payments under 30 euros or recurring subscriptions) to fully comply and make things easier.

In terms of privacy (GDPR), since this checkout is fully hosted on Stripe, it should be as secure as it gets. Nothing is hosted directly on your site at all, so the responsibility to secure that data is on them - and that’s their core business. You can read about that here.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love your designer to leader page. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Can this be used without the need for e-commerce functionality on webflow or woo-commerece??

Thank you @Sebasgaes! :slight_smile:

@Hobbitrock83 Yes, this is a direct implementation with stripe and does need e-commerce additions :slight_smile:

However, please notice with this quick checkout you can not have a full e-commerce experience: you won’t get a shopping cart to add more products for example. Also, you’ll have to check what product you’re offering and how are you going to make it happen: how do you deliver it? How do you know someone paid?

I’m using Zapier to connect Stripe with Slack so I get a notification and also to directly add the person that paid to a private Slack channel. If you’re offering a downloadable, you might want to use Zapier to connect stripe with Mailchimp for example so you send out an email with the link to the resources.

I’m any case, back to the start: no e-commerce add ons needed :partying_face:

1 Like

I can’t get this to work.

Can anyone help me?

What’s up @Steezie? What are the steps that you followed? What part is not working?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back so quick, I managed it in the end. :smile:

Thanks for sharing this tutorial it really helped.

I’m trying to implement bank transfers and other payment methods. Do you by any chance know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Thanks a lot for sharing @saravssantiago !

The button works but I can’t get the styling I want. Can you detail how you add the class to the code?

Thanks
Thibault

1 Like

Hi @saravssantiago ! I’m trying to integrate Stripe to take variable payment amounts. My site is not ecommerce, but needs to be able to take variable payments to be credited to client account balances. Do you know how to do this? Will your process work for variable client specified amounts? Thank you!

Thank you so much for the tutorial. You saved my day. Is there a way to send payment links via email as well?

1 Like

Im creating a marketplace at the moment and want to create a button that would boast some items (this would mean pushing it on social media and other platforms). would i be able to use this for it??

I’m having the same issue

I have tried all these but the button does nothing after I click on it, please help me

@THINA_Beats @Bobby_Sha @Ndulue_Emeka

I hope I’m not replying too late!

The styling needs to be added manually in the HTML element.

When you copy and paste the code in Webflow, you do so on an HTML Embed element. Once you paste the code, the styling area is on the top part of the code. Like this:

The first arrow indicates where styling in CSS should go, and the second arrow where your button text can be customized.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @AlbersAsh and sorry for the delay!

I don’t think you can do that with this feature since it’s quite simplified and as far as I know you can do it just by creating products on Stripe, which requires specific prices.

Did you find a way to achieve variable payments in Webflow?

You’re very welcome! Sorry for the delay, you probably have this solved by now but here my 2 cents.

I’m not sure what you mean by sending the payment links via email. If you just mean sending an email to someone to gather the payment, I would suggest creating individual product pages that you can send or see if you can directly link that checkout page. That’s surely the cleanest and easiest way.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you’re trying to do. If you just want to link the product in social media then sure, you would just create one page per product. If you want to sell in social media directly you need to use each platform’s specific show feature.

@saravssantiago Hello there.
I’m trying to add product on my website and then pass it in my embed button as parameters. I want to ask if it’s possible or we just have to make plan on stripe?