[TUTORIAL] Full Multi Language Site - Easy to set-up and to use!

Hi angro!
First of all, thanks a lot for this great solution, it’s about to solve my problems!

Only question is: I have 5 languages (en, it, zh, ru, de), how should I implement the other 3 in the following script?

Thanks again, hope this is possibile!

<!-- Language: Englisch -->
<script>
	$(".english").html(function(i,v) {
    return "[[en]]" + v + "[[it]] <b></b>";});
</script>

<!-- Language: Italian -->
<script>
	$(".italian").html(function(i,v) {
    return "[[it]]" + v + "[[en]] <b></b>";});
</script>
1 Like

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that Weglot is now fully compatible with Webflow Ecommerce! You can try it out on our demo site: Banana | Weglot

Eugene

Do you know how it is working with spans inside a paragraph? So when i make a single word bold it creates a text span. Then this whole thing doesnt work anymore…

2 Likes

Hey, thank you for the solution!

Would this work for images too?
I have some svgs I would need in 2 languages.

Hey @itsapug, FYI I don’t know if you tried Weglot but it handles media translations. Just enable it in your Project settings and you will be able to change your media URLs with new ones in each translated language.

2 Likes

@angro Hi! Thanks for life hack!
I implemented code
Typed [[en]] My text
but when published tags are still there and not working((

What do you think it could be?
Thanks in advance

Thank you! I was going crazy with this and your solution was easy and worked great. However, it seems I’m doing something wrong with my Navbar translation. The languages aren’t switching properly with the hamburger navigation on mobile views. I’m using a link block in the footer section.

Read-only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/pininos-landing-page?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=pininos-landing-page&preview=a60c84c85c203f483f636773724d8940&mode=preview

Published link: https://pininos-landing-page.webflow.io/

Hey Simon, not sure what you mean, you just use them as standard Webflow elements. In the Richtext element, you use the ENTER key to start a new paragraph, or SHIFT+ENTER to do a line break only.

As of today, Jan 31, I am having trouble with with links in paragraphs. My links vanish from paragraphs if I tag them. How did you fix it?

Dear friend,
Can you make it a video tutorial please, it would be very benefit like me who are new in webflow… thank you so much

Please can you make it a video tutorial, thank you…

Hey!

We’ve been getting a lot of great feedback from Webflow users using Weglot for going multilingual.

So we decided to create a “Translation UI Kit” specifically for Webflow (made with Finsweet :heart:). You can find many examples of language switchers and clone them onto your website in no time.

:point_right: https://webflow.com/website/Translate-Webflow-Website

I’d love to have your feedback on it!

2 Likes

Hey guys, really weird. It was working last week and now it doesnt work at all. Does anyone know why? The first time it worked, I entered the code in the “PAGES” setting, not the “Projects” setting. But now that doesnt work either.

Its just really expensive

This code is suddenly not working. I put in the translation with the format [[es]] etc, but the site would not translate anymore. when i load the domain , the default language is EN, but , when i try to change the language using ?=es , the site does not translate

Hey!

Quick question, after weglot subscription ends, does the translation remain?

Thanks!

Hey Lucian,

All the translated pages of your website are served via the Weglot reverse-proxy server & Translation API. This is why it’s so simple to install and use. If you end your subscription, the translated pages will simply stop being displayed.

This won’t break your website at all. And all your translations are yours so you can export them from your Weglot dashboard and use them as you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey , if i am translating the website to arabic, how do i distribute the arabic words from right to left and keep the same distribution for my english and latin words/

Did you figure out how to make it work for spans?

1 Like

It would be great if you can setup a demo when you have time. Thanks.