Trouble with menu and navigation design

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me with this. The menu of my website is not functioning properly on smaller laptop screens. Half of the links are being cut off and scrolling does not work. I have no idea why and with the site live (this didn’t come up in any testing) I’m in a tricky situation.

Could someone please check and offer advice? Snapshot of effected browser below with private link included also

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bmstaging?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=bmstaging&preview=2b852eead954057752f2d7b0712e8eeb&mode=preview

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @Cli

Responded to your support request, but posting here as well.

​Try setting the overflow to auto on your Menu Grid class. That will automatically add a scrollbar if needed on your menu.

Alternative if you don’t want a scroll bar. I notice your menu heading text size is set to 30 pixels for tablet screen sizes and smaller. The text seems quite large in your screenshot. I would try bumping this down to 20px. If necessary also work on the margin and padding around the text to reduce the vertical size further. It should fit on the screen then and get you out of a bind. Once the fire is out you could spend time on a more elegant solution that works better for the site.

I cannot thank you enough! That has been giving me sleepless nights and such a quick solve. Easy when you know how :grinning:

Thank you SO much Drew!

2 Likes