Trouble formatting a collection

I’m working on the dealer page in my clients website, see Well-Vu Vision System Dealers: Purchase a Downhole Inspection Camera.
I originally added all the dealer information using tabs, you will see this on the page. But it gets difficult to edit and maintain changes so I have added a database (collection).

I want to format the dealer information just like a normal table layout but I need 8 columns. I can’t seem to figure out the best way to format all of this dealer information so that it is in perfect columns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my site Read-Only: [LINK](Webflow - WellVu)
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi, Bob. I never really use the Webflow columns element myself, but after reading the documentation quickly, it seems like because of the constraints they place on that element type, you can’t actually have 8 columns. I’d recommend switching to Grid, in this case.

Just as a quick example, I created a grid and dragged the elements you had placed on the page inside it, so you can get a quick idea of how to structure it / what it might look like.

You can also easily adjust how wide each column in your grid is, so if I adjust from this:

to this:

then we avoid line breaking issues and such that you might not want

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

1 Like

Hey Chris, that is a great idea. I’m going to give it a try.
Thank you very much.
Bob

1 Like

That seems to be working a lot better. Would you know why I can’t seem to get the phone number to show up in the far right column? When I add it, it goes to the top left corner of the screen. Also, I can’t seem to figure out why all of my data won’t show up in on the page, it stops with the Oregon dealers.

The phone number appearing in the corner I predict is more of a visual bug – you have no phone numbers in your CMS. I would expect that once this field is populated, it will display properly, and thankfully you shouldn’t have to modify your styling or anything, so you can continue to design. (I can’t test this in a read-only link, so if you want to just fill in a random number on the first dealer and see if it appears properly to make sure, go for it).

I actually neglected to mention that a CMS collection list is limited to 100 entries. You have two options here – you can enable pagination, or just duplicate the one you have and limit the second collection to start at number 101.

Good catch, I just noticed that for some reason the phone number didn’t get imported from the csv file I used. Now I know where the problem is.
I didn’t know that there was a limit to 100 files, thanks for letting me know that. I will try what you suggested.
You’ve been a big help!

1 Like

Happy to assist! Let me know if you run into any more issues.