Transferring hosting plan + domain from one project to another

Hello! I’m writing about transferring CMS hosting from one Webflow project to another.

I currently have CMS hosting on the live site www.erikaharano.com (this project), and I would like to move the hosting and redirect the domain to this project.

Would I need to restart/buy new hosting for the second project, or can I apply the hosting on the current live site onto the new site?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Hey @Erika_Harano! Contact Support below – they should be able to take care of you on this matter. :smile:

Awesome - will do. Thanks @mattvaru!

1 Like

Is there an easy way to do this? I don’t want to have to wait for an agent to get in touch.

6 Likes

It looks like they did not reply having the same issue

@PCS720 Hi there! :wave:

At the moment hosting transfers aren’t possible for you to do on your own and you will need to reach out to support for help.

However, it’s typically a pretty quick process, and we outline how to request a hosting transfer in our article here: Transfer hosting between projects | Webflow University

Cheers!

I just submitted a request to get this done but I got a message that I’ll hear back in 1-2 days. I can’t really wait that long. That said, I am just going to buy a new seat to speed things up. How can I cancel my ticket/request with Webflow so that your team doesn’t accidentally transfer the “new” site (that I will be purchasing shortly) back to an old link?

Hi there @ubtagency! My apologies for the delay in our support - we are actively working to improve this as we speak.

In the meantime, if you would prefer to cancel your site plan and purchase a new one for your new project, you are welcome to do this.

You can also reply to the email you received from Webflow to let our support staff know of the decision you made. That will continue your original support thread and keep everyone in the loop. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Kristine :smile: I appreciate your help!

1 Like

Absolutely @ubtagency — it’s my pleasure! :smiley: