"Toggle menu" not working anymore. No changes made. Help webflow team!

Have the same issues, happens with the accordion FAQ menu (when clicked it just refreshes the whole page)!

Another issue, check your in-site (Page section) links. Over night all my in-site links had a missing value and did not work!!!

This has done quite some business damage to us overnight as we use webflow for sales pages.

Why is this issue also impacting the target _blank / Open in a new tab links ?
Clients are pissed :sob:

Target blank links inside RTE element seem ok but all the CMS links that open in a new tab are broken :dizzy_face:

@pepperclip
Please add url example. Sound very weird (Your issue not sound the same as empty link trigger).
_blank = open in new window

Here are examples from different sites / pages :
https://www.capival.fr/ (when you go to references, the plus sign normally links to an external page)
Capival (linkedin links to linkedin in a new tab)
Events powered by Ouishare (when you click on view website it should open the site link)
AltShift Festival - Cairo (when you click register for the event)
https://www.davaidavai.co/wild-bertha (when you want to buy your ticket)

It worked fine until today. CMS is populated with URLs, binded normally with the designer with open in a new tab checked.

I’ve noticed this in the code : data-rt-link-type=“external” , seems new… Maybe it has an impact ?

This might sound crazy, but in 3 minutes time, this data-rt-link-type has disappeared from the code when inspecting :tired_face:

All external links seem to have become #

It seems strange that no one in the staff has yet responded to the various requests… let’s wait

I just created a second thread about this target blank issue, since it seems to be a different one…

Hi @soulfree64 @vincent @Siton_Systems @biodust @Maximosaurus @chloecan @Diarmuid_Sexton @DigtalCrusader @sebT @cheechee @pepperclip

Thanks for your help in finding the issue here and apologies for the delay in a Staff response. Our team is working at high priority to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

I appreciate your patience and I’ll post back here with more details as soon as I have them. :bowing_man:

Update

The team found a fix and we are deploying it now

5 Likes

Hi @soulfree64 @vincent @Siton_Systems @biodust @Maximosaurus @chloecan @Diarmuid_Sexton @DigtalCrusader @sebT @cheechee @pepperclip

The fix is live.

​Our team was able to push a fix and any links with a blank href will no longer cause the current page to refresh.

​Can you please confirm this on your end by first republishing your affected project(s) then test the links?

​Thanks in advance :bowing_man:

5 Likes

Everything seems to be working properly now. Thank you for your support. :sweat_smile::+1:

1 Like

:sob: this fix didn’t fix the target blank problem I have for CMS links :weary:
Republishing the 3 sites that had the problem didn’t change anything

@pepperclip

That is a separate issue and our team is deploying a fix for it now. :+1:

2 Likes

I just discovered from another client that they also had the issue of this thread but this marvelous fix of yours has saved me from armaggedon :slight_smile: thx !

1 Like

This seems to have broken the `javascript:history.back(); button function on one of my sites as well. The series of buttons on the site were working properly for months. It’s like there is a script removing the back quote or something. I have this implemented on other sites and they appear fine.

I have the same issue as you @Jason_Green

1 Like

It works on our end now :+1: Thanks.

1 Like

Has the issue with in page section linking been fixed? I am still combing through my site trying to fix all of the section links that broke overnight.

Hi @DarwinRoss

I’m not sure I know what page section issue you are talking about — can you please clarify?

Thanks for replying Brando! This was referenced on this post.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.