This post is no longer exists

This post no longer exists.

Note that a Business hosting plan would push the limitation to 60 fields.

But there are a lot of design and creative ways to save up on fields here and make the total fit the limit of 30.

I’m keeping in mind that sometimes a piece of information is important enough to have its own single field because you want to be able to list, sort or filter using this field. For example, it appears to me that the name of the player should be a unique field, and its gender too. But for other text fields, grouping is possible, and design/layout skills will help you lay out the information the same way.

let me craft a few examples and I’ll be back in a few minutes.

Here, you can group fields from Position to GPA in one rich text field. The colored rectangles is the structure of divs. Name, sport and gender are unique fields as is appears important to me that you may want to filter on those, if it’s not the case, group them with the rest.

So the third green div will have two columns: one with a pile of icons, the other with the CMS data. And that data will be entered in a text div, not even a need for a Rich Text div. Just write a good help on the cms field explaining what data has to be entered and that a empty line must be left in case of missing data.

You saved 5 fields.

Below, I’m using a Rich text element to add data as list items in a list that I turned to flex. Titles are static texts in divs in a flex div.

2 more fields saved.

You can go on and on to group data. TheRich Text fields is great because it has videos etc, and most importantly, LIST, that can be turned into many different things, visually.

By rethinking your content model, you’ll surely save the 13 fields you need.

1 Like