There is no difference between "feedback" and "wishlist"

Why?
Both categories consist of people giving the Webflow tool a try and taking their time to inform Webflow staff what they need.

It does not matter if:

• the tool actually has the functionality and they just can’t figure it out,
  • or it the tool does not have the functionality yet.

Both can be answered within the thread by Webflow staff, and should be organized and visible for other users to see and chime in on.

The two categories should be consolidated.

The Wishlist category no longer exists on this forum. Please use the new wishlist here to provide suggestions:

Wishlist discussions on this forum are off-topic as the staff would like to consolidate all requests via the new system.

As for the Feedback category, this category is for feedback on how the staff is doing, not for suggesting new features.

Disclaimer: I am not a staff of Webflow, and the opinions expressed above are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of the Webflow team. I disclaim all and any responsibility or liability in respect of information detailed or omitted (or the consequences thereof) from this post.

@samliew I’m getting mixed messages…

You just told me in another post,

• “If you do not like this policy, feel free to bring it up on Meta.”
  • Also, “If you do not like the wishlist, feel free to provide Feedback.”

I followed your directions. And what I said^ is feedback…

Why are Webflow staff inaccurately conflating Feedback with wishes?

Hi @ShipStud,

This is because you mentioned that you would like to merge the two forum categories:

I assumed that you are putting in a request for the staff to merge these two forum categories:

The problem is:

Therefore, all feature suggestions / wishlist requests and comments on them are off-topic on this forum. Please do not pass-off feature suggestions as thinly-veiled feedback, as that is incorrect use of the Feedback category.

Disclaimer: I am not a staff of Webflow, and the opinions expressed above are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of the Webflow team. I disclaim all and any responsibility or liability in respect of information detailed or omitted (or the consequences thereof) from this post.

All good man… I’m not trying to make your life hard…

Please don’t pass off feature suggestions, issues, or thinly-veiled feedback as wishes…

or at least call the other site “Webflow Feedback & whishlist” and get rid of this feedback forum that users can’t give feedback on… They are the same thing

Thanks for the links. I hope what you guys are trying to do with the forum works.

These are examples of good, on-topic posts for the Feedback category:

These are off-topic posts for the Feedback category:

1 Like

Your “good, on-topic posts” for the feedback category are just long winded… In many cases describe issues and request a change…

Your “off-topic posts” for the feedback category are short and straight to the point of issues…

The only real difference between them is some people give kudos to the Webflow team for doing a good job…

I really don’t see the difference… All are literally defined as feedback.

feed·back
ˈfēdˌbak/Submit
noun
noun: feedback

1. information about reactions to a product, a person’s performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement.
    synonyms: response, reaction, comments, criticism; More…

The point I am trying to make is, you guys are great. I love your work and hope it keeps coming. I’ll go ahead and submit “ideas” to the wishlist page… but, now for the feedback, This forum is confusing because you call this a Feedback forum and don’t take feedback. It’s like saying, protests are ok, but don’t do them where I don’t want you to… well It’s not really like that… but, I hope you get it.

Maybe this forum needs a “fan posts” page instead of a “Feedback” page on this forum.

BTW… I am posting my “ideas” on the “wishlist”… but you should call them feedback… not wishes.

Feedback may consist of errors on the site like spelling and grammar or new ideas so it’s not entirely the same thing

Those should be posted in the Bugs category, not feedback category then.

@Jeffrey_Gillespie
Feedback consists of all those things… including ideas! The term feedback is a catch-all for communication from users.

The definition of feedback…

feed·back
ˈfēdˌbak/Submit
noun
noun: feedback

Information about reactions to a product, a person’s performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement.
synonyms: response, reaction, comments, criticism; More…

@samliew

Point 1:
If not used in the dictionary defined way, the use of this forum category page title is confusing for users, and probably frustrating for you, because you are, knowingly or not, arbitrarily discriminating between types of feedback (bug reports, kudos, suggestions, questions, etc…) when it is a term meant to catch-all inbound messages about the product.

Point 2
IF this page is no longer being used for general purpose feedback, a “catch-all” as the term is defined above, don’t title the forum page feedback… or change the name to something more specific that it is intended to represent.

Yes, point noted. So that’s why even though this forum still gets wishlist posts, all we can do is to tell users that that’s a good suggestion and to please create a wishlist item in the new wishlist.

That’s why we have this pinned post at the top of the feedback category:

Anything other than new feature requests (that’s probably why the staff chose to use the word “Feedback”) are welcome in the Feedback category.

This includes but is not limited to:

• reactions about a recently released feature
  • comments about the staff
  • comments about Webflow products and services
  • criticism about the way things are handled

@samliew

I hear you, but I’m criticizing the handling of this category page within the Webflow product… The staff isn’t handling it right…

You are arbitrarily discriminating between types of feedback (bug reports, kudos, suggestions, questions, etc…) and asking people to jump through cognitive hoops to know if what they have to say should be posted here or not.

This is not a good solution. Define better categories, and get rid of this catch-all category.

Also, “Please do not use this category for new feature requests/suggestions/discussions. We have an app for that!”, is the last line on that post… and It’s kinda hard to see.

Thanks for the forum “Feedback” category naming feedback, I’ll pass it on to the staff to consider.

1 Like

Wish listed!
https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-911