The Webflow API

Since the topic has recently just opened up… Does this mean there’s an update coming up soon? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

An API would change everything.

6 Likes

Syncing complex databases with Firebase, and adding user authentication, would move beyond responsive websites and on to web applications. I agree with @MichealReno. It would change everything

6 Likes

Hi Webflow team, Is there any news on this? I have so many cases in which to use this, I have to turn to wordpress at the moment to build anything that requires any api. I really want to just use webflow and I think many in the forum are in the same place I am with this.

Ps: love the work you are doing webflow, this is no dis just seeing if there are any updates, this thread is 8 months old, I know these things are not easy or quick to build. I’m just super pumped :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did you see Nelsons interview?
There’s some talk about the api. No eta though.

2 Likes

Any update on the API release? Also, any chance I could apply for beta access??

2 Likes

For me, the ability to consume services and define mappings to collection fields/dynamic lists would be great.

1 Like

You guys have been selling us this feature as coming soon for more than a year. All that happens is a few tidbits are dropped every other month. There definitely needs to be more clarity from the webflow team on this. If you don’t have plans on releasing something than at least take it off the homepage.

Wow, I didn’t even know API was mentioned on the homepage for a year. Which section of the homepage did you see it on?

Sorry. It was on the CMS page for a year.*

That and the Ecommerce integration.

You’re right. It should be changed to say “Coming up next…” or something similar. “Soon” is too subjective, relative to nothing, and it’s just fluff until it is actually realized.

I can say from a development POV though, that API is a big feature. It might require several other changes before it can be implemented. Furthermore, they would want to do it properly with full regression testing before release, as API in the wrong hands can wreck havoc.

API also isn’t the only thing that is being developed. I guess they have to split manpower multiple directions.

I don’t mind any of that. What I do care about is the lack of communication. If something is more than a year out than let people know. You shouldn’t string people along with a feature (especially if you’re advertising it still). Provide a timeframe and manage expectations. Hire a PR person if you’re having trouble with it, but don’t keep leaving people in the dark.

1 Like

For me too! :grinning:

Hey all! If we don’t hit any big snags we’re planning to launch it in before Christmas. Beta might come sooner. Sorry for the lack of communication. We’re working on building Webflow all week so it’s hard to keep track of all the forum activity.

14 Likes

YYEEEEEEE:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you! This is all I’ve been looking for :smiley:

1 Like

55 days remaining (and counting)…

6 Likes