The API Post call is returning a 405 error | Emmanuel Katto

Hello I’m Emmanuel Katto,

I am encountering a 405 Error when attempting to utilize the post method from the booking engine for our SME Business website.

Below is the code that the booking engine provider requested us to integrate and the temporary URL of the website with the booking engine on the home page.

What mistake are we making?

We utilized the HTML block for it.

Could someone assist me in fixing it?

Thank You!

Hello,

It sounds like there might be an issue with how the post method is being used or integrated. A 405 Error typically means that the method (in this case, POST) is not allowed for the requested URL. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

1. Check the URL: Ensure that the URL you are using in the form action attribute matches the URL where the booking engine is hosted.
  2. Verify Method: Double-check that the form method is set to “post” in the HTML code.
  3. Server Configuration: The 405 Error could also be due to server configuration. Check with your hosting provider or server admin to ensure that the server allows POST requests for the specific URL.
  4. Check for Typos: Look for any typos or errors in the form code, especially in the action attribute and method attribute.
  5. Browser Extensions: Disable any browser extensions that might interfere with form submissions.
  6. Test with Different Browser: Try testing the form in a different browser to see if the issue persists.

Sofiachoudhry9@gmail.com
LinkedIn-https://www.linkedin.com/in/sofia-choudhry-shopify-certified-expert-1a6b49216/