Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Tap target – Cookies

Hi, guys!

Have a look at my attachment. I have this problem with all the websites I publish. Is there any way to fix this?

Image 2020-04-16 at 9.10.44 am

The size in your screenshot says your button is 140 x 40.
The warning says:

The average fingertip area is 48 pixels in width and height.

Therefore you’re 8 pixels below what is considered acceptable.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Mark! Thank you for your feedback, but how do I actually change the pixels? Because the cookies are added by an HTML code.

If you can share the HTML code or your preview link I can take a quick look. If it’s external code, then I wouldn’t worry too much about it, things like that are ideal fixes, but if the rest of your site is OK then you’re not going to get dropped from Google.

Yeah, everything else is OK, it just bothers me, so I wanted to see if it was fixable.

I’m assuming the width is 140px and the height is 40px. Is the button wider than it is high?

If so, add this line:
"height": "140px"

Inside the button brackets, after "#fffff" add a comma (like the line above has), and on the next line try adding "height": "140px"

So it should look like this:

"button": {
   "background": "#06518d",
   "text": "#fffff",
   "height": "48px" // or whatever height works that's >= 48px
}

It may require some more styling after that, but you can have a play around with it. Publish and see if it looks different (you can inspect it with the console to check the style has been applied).

Thank you! That worked.

1 Like