Symbols not releasing names

Hi,

There is something that has been a bug for a while now. If you make a symbol, the names inside that symbol are not properly “released” even after you delete them. What this means is that those names are no longer available.

For example, in my footer, I have some elements named “social icon test”. I want to rename them to “social icon”, but webflow tells me that the name is already taken. It’s been several days since I got rid of that name.

This issue isn’t browser or extension related. I’ve even tried to make a duplicate website where I deleted literally everything except that specific element and webflow still won’t rename it. That name is being stored in webflow somewhere, but I don’t know where.

Any hints on how to avoid this?

• Kim

Webflow literally just released the name now. What are the chances of that?! Anyway, if or when it occurs again, I’ll let you know.

Hi @Sanderhoff,

If the issue happens again, try refreshing the Designer by pressing CMD+R on a Mac or CTRL+R on a PC.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.