Support for larger/custom media queries/breakpoints

i also vote for horizontal scrolling.
fully custom breakpoints aren’t a must for me right now although it would be great but like @austin said…1200px breakpoint and tablet landscape are truly needed as soon as you guys can swing it…making enhancements to animation/interactions which have the cool factor before this basic functionality that all professional designers need is kind of odd to me…this has been a long running request (notice the views are 5K for this thread…which is a good indicator of it’s popularity as a need) and for it to be put on the back burner kinda sucks. my two cents.

1 Like

@thesergie this option would end all discussion on this topic forever!

You’ve probably seen Safari 9’s zooming/fitting feature when using their ‘develop > enter responsive design mode’ option – I’ve found this very useful when working on small screens – not perfect but I expect compromises when on a smaller screen. It would be great to be able to see the whole page like safari allows but we would also need to see the page at 100%, in which case horizontal scrollbars would be perfectly acceptable.

With the safari feature in mind, one thing that is not mentioned much is vertical height – developing for mobiles on a tall desktop screen can be misleading (eg. for seeing how background images crop, or how elements close up together when vertical space is limited) – I can always reduce the vertical height of my browser window of course but then the webflow interface becomes harder to work with. It’s by no means a deal breaker but perhaps a vertical handle to control the screen height would be useful in the same way we have for horizontal (with guides for popular device dimensions).

3 Likes

Soon?? This was July 2013

1 Like

Come on, guys, more then three years is more than enough to produce a new feature! Custom breakpoints functionality is what we really need in our job. Wake up Webflow team!

1 Like

Honestly, I find that there is a lot to like about Webflow, but this one aspect is keeping me away for now. I wish that weren’t true…

3 Likes

It´s unbelievable the wider breakpoint option is missing here. Webflow is very promising and this feature is must-have in these days

2 Likes

We need to know how many are requesting this feature. Kindly leave your vote on the first post (scroll to top).

2 Likes

well…considering this post has over 5K views … it is an excellent sign that there is demand for it… any web designer worth his/her weight recognizes that it is something needed…i’ve only been using webflow for about a year and i see posts on it frequently. trying to make this decision based on a poll at this point is kind of odd. what we are asking is pretty standard in today’s web environment filled with many different devices/screens. not to mention that it has been asked for over and over again.

here is a screenshot of all the threads about it that were added to this post as an example: http://cloud.orangemooncreative.com/3a3X2d0n2D1A/Image%202016-10-18%20at%205.19.27%20PM.png

3 Likes

This thread just makes me sad :worried: 2 years for freakin breakpoints…

I love you Webflow! but lets do this already! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Well people, PLEASE SCROLL TO THE TOP AND VOTE FOR CUSTOM BREAKPOINTS.
You will need to scroll to the FIRST MESSAGE in this thread. Maybe this way we can make Webflow team realize this is really important feature.

But anyway, I can’t beleive that 129 replies and 5.8k (!!!) views aren’t enough to understand that Webflow customers really need this feature.

Hope this will have a happy end finally :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why you want to know? Look how long and old this thread is. How many views (people google it), how many messages here. And you know, it’s almost 2017 and web today is no longer use the 960 px grid only, because the target screen resolution (1024 wide) is a minor today…and for a long time i think.

So, you really don’t need the poll to know this feature should be done already.

2 Likes

@tomasnosek It’s not for me to know. I don’t even work at Webflow. It’s just another urgency indicator for the Webflow team. Also, not everybody who reads this thread will post a reply nor agree with the OP. The poll is for users to click on without commenting.

Seriously. There are people who pay money for this (still) the best service for creation of responsive and interactive websites. These people have a lot of work the should be done and it relies in many aspects on functionality of the tool which they use. Absence of such opportunity as custom breakpoints and mobile-first approach may cause loss of efficiency of their work. And heres is money again. It is one of critical and long-time painful points of this product. When I see in Macaw it is possible to set several breakpoints, I think — why awesome Webflow can’t do so? Why such creative people don’t want to do obvious improvings for years? And there is no distinct response.

Every time I come to this forum to look for this feature in Announcements. Still the same. Sadly and painful.

1 Like

Exactly. When i see that 960 wide designs in this ridiculously powerful tool, makes me sad a lot.

2 Likes

Any news from webflow stuff about this?