Successful ecommerce examples?

Hello.

My experience with ecommerce so far has been with supplements, using Ultracart as my shopping cart.

The sites that we connected to Ultracart always had to be hand-coded and that takes a long time, which has pushed me to find and use WYSIWYG editors, like Clickfunnels, Instapage, and Webflow.

I’m now starting a few new ecomm businesses (supplement, cosmetic, outdoor gear), and will be using Shopify instead of Ultracart.

I found that the Shopify templates (even the expensive paid ones) aren’t very flexible, so here I am at Webflow.

But… the deeper I dig, the more its looking like Webflow’s strong suite isn’t ecomm. (not interested in messing w/ Foxy.io)

For the current site I’m building, I’m basing the design on Soylent. It looks like Soylent was created using Webflow.

Aside from Soylent, does anyone know of any successful examples of ecomm sites created w/ Webflow? I’ve looked, haven’t found any that match what I’m looking for.

In particular, I’d like to be able to create a product page similar to this one from Legion Athletics.

The quantity selector (with up/down arrows that add or subtract 1 unit) isn’t something I’ve seen with Webflow.

Can that be created?

Hi @anthonyclark.
I think we’ve chatted via email some. We understand Foxy isn’t for everyone, but do you mind sending more feedback on why our platform isn’t a good fit for you? For what it’s worth, we’ve helped hundreds of Webflow users and continue to help dozens more each week.

I’m more than happy to hop on a phone or Skype call if that makes more sense.

Thanks,
Josh

Hey Josh (@foxy)

Thanks for replying to my thread. I appreciate that.

To be fair: I haven’t looked deep into Foxy yet, and I won’t say “never”. :slight_smile:

Major pain point for me: being un-techy (while being design-y) and struggling endlessly with difficult systems. I do not code.

On the surface Foxy looks not as feature-rich or easy-to-use as Shopify. In particular Foxy doesn’t seem to have a post-purchase upsell feature.

My first business uses Ultracart, which has an excellent post-purchase one-click upsell features. Makes a HUGE difference in our revenue (17%, actually).

Ultracart Upsell Documentation:

Shopify doesn’t have this feature natively, but a 3rd party app developer has created it:

I’m working on a new supplement startup. My goal is to create a site that is visually a blend of these 2 sites:

And yes I’m open to a call to discuss this stuff. PM me.

Thanks for confirming! Post purchase upsells are possible with our Single Sign On functionality: http://www.foxycart.com/blog/reverse-sso-and-upsells-and-more That said, more advanced coding skills (or working with a developer) will help. So I understand the pain point there.

There are definitely pros/cons with each ecommerce service, including Foxy. When we first started, 10 years ago, we were more developer focused, allowing users to bend and mold Foxy to meet their needs. Today, we’re more powerful and customizable, but as Foxy has become more popular with website builder users (Webflow, Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, etc.) we’ve started working on making things less developer focused.

I think you’ll find working with Foxy/Webflow a breath of fresh air. There may be some situations where custom code is required, but we’re here to help with that. Build, design, integrate, and manage your Foxy online store without ever having to leave the comfort of Webflow.

We don’t nickel and dime for features, so everything’s included. Not to mention our unlimited free trial:

• Sell any type of product (physical, digital, subscriptions, services, donations, etc.)
  • Live Shipping Rates (UPS, USPS, FedEX, Custom Endpoint)
  • Auto Tax Calculations
  • Coupons and Discounts
  • Multicurrency and Multilingual Support
  • Nearly 100 supported payment gateways and alternate payment methods

Please let us know if we can help you start testing things.

Thanks,
Josh

I am agreeing with your information which you have shared about Shopify. Yes Shopify have more attractive templates as compare to ultracart.

Hi @anthonyclark

A big thumbs-up from me for @foxy

Looks like this post is a couple of weeks old now, but if you’ve not already, list your essentials/desirables and Josh and team at Foxy will guide you every step of the way - even if you are un-techy!

Stu

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.