Styling on HTML Tags does not save

I’ve run in to a very strange issue. Any stylings i try to apply to HTML Tags like H1, Body etc. does not work when publishing or refreshing the site. It works just fine in the designer, and so does any element with regular classes. But when i publish or refresh the editor it’s gone (except for the H1 that for some reason works). I’m quite familiar with both Webflow and code in general so I’m quite certain it’s not an issue on my part. As you can see there no other conflicting styling in webflor or embeded code.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?

Here is my site Read-Only: [Removed]

This is a bug - confirmed with testing by creating a new site, adding an H1 and styling it (base element). Displays in designer, not on publish. It is simply not written to the CSS file.

@matthewpmunger - Please investigate.

Read Only Test → Webflow - bug-test-element-styling

Published → https://bug-test-element-styling.webflow.io/

Hopefully this is not affecting existing sites on publish.

Thanks, just did a clean test as well, same issue Webflow - HTML Tags Test

I go back and look at that test page I created in the designer and my style is no longer applied to the element. @richardhedberg what about yours?

@webdev yes, just tried and it seems to be working properly again.

This is a known bug that can happen on sites created in October. Sites created earlier than that have not been reported. I’ve linked this topic to the issue so feel free to add screenshots, videos, and project links as they help the team to debug the issue.

Does anyone knows when this will be resolved?

I’m running into the same problem. Any updates from Webflow on that?

Anyone updates? I’m having the same problem on all the new projects created after November 2nd

I am having the same problem, when will this be resolved?

Just bought Webflow yesterday and run into this bug … what can I say, wonderful!

I suggest everyone having this issue open a trouble ticket with Webflow. They are not transparent about open issues very often so there is not much we can do to help you in the forums.

We are glad to let you know that our engineers have just shipped a fix for the issue that was resulting in changes to All style tags (e.g. Body (All Pages), All H1 Headings, All Paragraphs etc) not being saved on some projects.

We have found that clearing all Browser cache and performing a hard refresh of the Browser is necessary on some projects for the changes to be reflected.

If you are using Google Chrome, the best way to achieve this is by following these steps:

1. Follow the guide here to clear all Browser cache: Clear cache & cookies - Computer - Google Account Help
  2. Open your project in the Webflow Designer
  3. Open Chrome’s Developer Tools menu (by pressing F12 on your keyboard or right clicking on any menu within the Webflow Designer and clicking “Inspect”: Opening DevTools inside the...
  4. Right click on the Reload button (to the left of the address bar) and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”: Emptying Cache and Hard Rel...

Alternatively, if you are using Safari - you can follow these steps:

1. Follow these steps to clear your Browser Cache: How to Clear Safari's Cache - MacRumors
  2. Open your Project inside the Webflow Designer
  3. On your keyboard, hold down the option and command keys then press the E key.

Once these steps are performed, the changes to All style tags should begin saving as expected. However, if the issue persists - it would also be worth accessing the project via a Private Browsing Mode: How to Turn It On and Off | Avast (such as Incognito mode in Chrome) to cross-check this as well.

Thank you very much for your patience an understanding while we worked to investigate this issue. And if you run into any issues, please contact support directly and mention this issue in the subject.

1 Like