Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Stuck on Simple Issue (Margins?)

Hello,

Would really appreciate someone’s help with this…

For some reason, my website is wider than the viewport width. It’s such a newbie issue, but I’m truly having trouble making my website fit the browser. My content doesn’t look centered as a result, and the page “wiggles.” I’m a bit frustrated, so help would be lovely.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/nathaliediane?utm_source=nathaliediane&preview=a4687115b7aee0bdc9d2f6338619ffb9

is this published somewhere? It looks alright to me in the preview.

Hey Sarah!

Thanks for your response!

Yes, this is published. Link: www.nathaliediane.design

ah, yes, I’m honestly not quite sure. Have you tried removing all the 100vw’s you’ve added? I don’t know if that’s it, but it’s not needed to get a fullscreen page

1 Like

Hey Sarah!,

You were right! I owe you big time! Let’s be Webflow friends. :smile:

I’m not sure why width @ 100vw makes the webpage bigger than width @ 100%… But, I guess it doesn’t matter. I will never forget width @ 100% & height @ auto ever again.

haha! Glad to hear. :tada:

Actually! I just made it work on all the pages except for :www.nathaliediane. design/nanoshift

Could you please do me a favor and take a look to see what may be going on? Thanks so much!

hmm, could you try setting the width to ‘auto’? Rather than 100%?

It’s still being really stubborn. :confused: I set the sections, body, nav, footer as auto. Maybe I’m missing something?

There’s still an h2 (the blue banner) that was 100vw. Maybe that’s the one?

1 Like

Ah! You were right! It was the banner! Who knew a banner at 100vw could cause so much trouble! THANK YOU!!! <3 You saved my sanity. Haha

Much love from San Francisco!

1 Like

aww, yay! Glad to hear it worked out! Jealous of the location :slight_smile:

Just wanted to explain the whole 100vw thing since you were wondering why it behaves like that. 100vw ignores window scroll when determining the width. That’s it. Your layout is a little bit larger than visible width because it goes behind the scrollbar. 100% would yield the same result of being full width but it will take scrollbar into consideration.

1 Like

Ah! Thank you so much! Wonderful explanation. :slight_smile: