Strange Red overlay in Video file

Hi Guys, i might got a bug on a Background Video.

While the website is loading the background video is displayed proprely, but as soon as the website is fully loaded, i get a strange transparent red overlay on my background video.

Read-only link: Webflow - Installationen Tiefenbacher

EDIT: This only occurs on the live website and on the preview mode inside the designer, not when im editing the website.

Hi @Samuel_Grausgruber, thanks a lot for reporting this. Could I ask a little more info:

• Environment info that you’re experiencing trouble on (include your exact browser version, device model, operating system version, etc)

A good place to get the browser info is at http://www.whatsmybrowser.org.

I would also suggest to update your Chrome browser to the latest version and try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and post that?: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance!

Hi @cyberdave, according to whatsmybrowser.org these are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 8.1
IP address: 86.32.93.86
JavaScript enabled: Yes
Cookies enabled: Yes
Flash Version: 21.0.0
Java version: Not Installed
WebSocket support: Yes
Browser window size: 1903 x 955
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Colour Depth: 24 bit

The problem also still exists in other browsers and icognito versions

Also the console is empty, could this be the problem? (I’m no dev so i don’t really understand what this means)

Hi @Samuel_Grausgruber, thanks for the info. All info helps to investigate.

The console log being empty is normally a good thing.

As soon as there is an update, I will get back to you.

1 Like

@Samuel_Grausgruber have you tried a different video? I saw in the settings panel that the video preview has the same effect happening and am wondering if there is an issue with the video.

1 Like

@jdesign You could be right, even though the original video on my hard drive doesn’t have that effect.

EDIT: I exported the background video again in final cut pro and now it doesn’t have this effect anymore. Thanks for suggesting it @jdesign!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.