Start animation on begin to exit. Finish on bottom entrance...?

Yeaaa I was thinking the same about the content…man o man…

Hi Dram,

This is still an issue and it’s more pressing than ever now that we have things like horizontal scrolling section. It will need to start when the DOM element is full in view and end just before it starts exiting.

But as you see it breaks interactions if you do that. Logically it should do that when you set full in view and starts exiting.

I wish Webflow implemented functionality like GitHub - electerious/basicScroll: Standalone parallax scrolling for mobile and desktop with CSS variables. where you can choose from options.

As a developer this is easy to achieve, but in Webflow it’s difficult as you have to offset your percentages which will give different experiences based on screen size (not good!).

in Weflow “start exiting” means the top of the trigger hits the top of the window as opposed to the bottom edge of the trigger starting entering the viewport.

Oh wow - is this still not fixed in Webflow? I’m having this exact issue, which seems like it should be super simple. I just need a “End animation (100%) when element… FINISHES exiting.” rather than ‘starts exiting’. Or allow me to enter in offsets with 50VH etc. Without this, we can’t do section scroll bar indicators (unless there’s a different way?) Did anyone ever figure out a workaround? Halp.

My go-to workaround is to use a separate (empty) trigger element. You can size that to 100vh / vw, position absolute, and use it to drive whilst-scrolling animations on other elements. It’s a little bit fiddly on more complex pages, but it seems to work.

1 Like