Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Slow Mobile Load

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on this. The site im building loads perfectly on wifi on both, mobile and desktop. However when I switch to using mobile signal it just halts, its not just slow its like something doesn’t work for ages im talking 15seconds plus. Ive tested on slow GPS in chrome dev tools no problem.

Im thinking it could be the AWS image ive used?

I of course release video and images sizes are super important, but it seems like something else is going on?

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Electric Mustard

https://electric21.webflow.io/

I would start by removing the two redundant versions of jQuery you added to the site. Webflow loads version 3.5.1 on all projects by default.

Thanks, I didn’t realise these were redundant.

Hasn’t effected the super long loading time on IOS using cellular sadly.

Stuff like 32 requests for fonts (827kb), 5 mp4 media files (2.6MB) , 3 additional JS requests (159.5 KB) takes time to load on even a fast 3g connection. If you really want to work on site performance get to know the developer tools in your browser.

Thanks, i appreciate that, I have been having a look.

Its definitely something to do with the video streaming code im using to link to AWS. As soon as I hide that element it works perfectly.

I have other pages with lots of images loading great on mobile its just as soon as the videos are added. I thought streaming from AWS would be the fastest route.

FYI: S3 storage is not streaming. You are simply hitting a file resource. AWS has streaming available via cloudfront. I would add that if you are testing on a real device make sure your clear the cache on it to get an actual user experience.

Im probably calling this in wrong then, I did set up cloudfront to load the video.

Ive been testing in incognito on my phone too maybe, my lack of knowledge is showing!

<video width="100%" height="100%" autoplay loop muted playsinline poster="">
  <source src="http://d3174h2hj18hrv.cloudfront.net/Main_Final_2.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>