Slider not corresponding to link?

Hi. I just stumbled upon webflow the other day and it is such a great and useful tool. I’m in a bit of a pickle though. I’m using a slider that is linked to the navigation bar. If you click a link in the navigation bar, the slider opens up in a modal to a specific position. For example, if I clicked “Videos” on the slider, the slider opens in the modal at page 4. If I close the modal, everything works fine. If before I close the modal, I move the slider two or even one position with the next / previous buttons, then close the slider, there is a problem. Clicking “Videos” will no longer load up to Page 4, it will load up 2 pages ahead, or If I moved the slider once before closing, it would open one step ahead on load. I’m not sure what is causing the problem but I would really like to know if this is a problem that’s frequent and how to correct it. I’ve tried empty the modal with js before opening it up again but that doesn’t work. What do I do?

(P.S. From reading other topics, I know I have to post the webflow link / link to the website but I can’t because the website’s a bit of a secret at the moment. That said, I’d glady message it to whomever would like to help privately or even via email, please just let me know. Thank you)

Not going to be able to help without a preview link… Imagine trying to bake a cake without looking at the ingredients - and you’ve never baked a cake before.

Edit: A secret from who?

Not allowed to post it publicly just yet. It’s the official website for an artist!

Well, perhaps send it over in a private message. Though I can imagine that the community isn’t going to go and shout about it if you don’t want them to… Depends how quickly you need a solution. Trust :slight_smile:

Really really don’t want to get into trouble but thanks :slight_smile: Do I send the message here, and if so, how?

Click my username, click message. Voila.

Doesn’t show up for me!

Users at trust level 0 cannot…

Send private messages to other users

https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/3

Hi @HalesEnchanted, I have bumped up your forum account to regular member, so now you should be able to PM other users :slight_smile: Let me know if there is more help needed with the forum account permission :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.